Wednesday, September 16, 2009

gnocchi


Husband and I were at World Market last week and picked up some gnocchi. We thought we'd try it out since I haven't ventured into making it from scratch yet.


Over the last few years I've been collecting recipes out of Real Simple magazine. It's my favorite magazine of all time. Every aspect of that magazine is beautiful and their recipes are so quick, easy, and flavorful.


So this time I tried the following. It was yum!


---


Creamy Pesto Gnocchi with Green Beans and Ricotta
via Real Simple Magazine


INGREDIENTS
1 pound gnocchi
1/2 pound green beans, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 8-ounce container store-bought pesto
1/4 cup heavy cream (I skipped this ingredient)
1/4 cup ricotta
salt and pepper to taste


DIRECTIONS
Cook the gnocci according to package directions. Drain and return to pot.


Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to a boil and add 1 tablespoon salt. Add the green beans and cook until tender, 3 to 4 minutes, then drain. (I steamed them instead with no salt)


Add the pesto and cream to the gnocchi and cook over medium heat, stirring, just until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Divide among bowls and top with the green beans, ricotta, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment